Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Planned my vacation on a budget! And it still cost us over $500.00.

This is our beach...  Oxnard Beach, California and yes, totally beautiful and we live here every day and can see this beauty as much as we want.  But even we like to get away and see some other places that are around us.

So I planned out in great detail a vacation to Long Beach, CA.  We were visiting two places and eating at Denny's and staying at the Motel 6 (because they take dogs).  I had it down to under $200.00 for 4 days and 3 nights and that included our membership to the Aquarium of the Pacific!  


What we didn't plan was the rock that some random car hit and it cracked my front window. And the car that hit the front end of my car when John was in the drug store.  The driver never left a note.


This is just a little note to say that you can plan everything for your vacation down to the last dollar and still get unexpected events that will cost you more than your vacation!  I plan to blog about our wonderful vacation in the days to come.


16 comments:

John Mullin said...

Still pissed at whoever hit the car and didn't have the decency to leave a note. But that still couldn't ruin a great vacation.

Mimi N said...

Can't wait to hear about your vacation, but those extra costs that came from the rock and the loser driver... those stink. How do people live with themselves when they just drive off like that? Lame.

Clancy Cash Harrison MS, RD, LDN said...

UGH- sorry someone hit your car! I had the same happen to me over Xmas without a note too.

Where do people go for a vacation when you live at the beach??? I was expecting a mountain retreat.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry :( I hope you were still able to enjoy your vacation. And just remember one word: karma!

Courtney Pies said...

Well that really stinks. :( I'm sorry to hear about the couple of speed bumps you hit while on vacation! :(

tonygreene113 said...

Learned this lesson on road trips a long time ago while in the Army.

Danielle S said...

What a bummer! But you are right about the money. It always takes a little more than what you expected because of those little unexpected things.

JMom said...

So sorry to hear what happened on your getaway. That sucks when people just leave after doing damage to your property.

Myrah - Coupon Mamacita said...

Oh no! That is awful!

Ali said...

Oh wow, that is terrible that they didn't even leave a note! I hope you still had some fun on your vacay though :)

Have a great day!!!

Unknown said...

You did an amazing job budgeting! Sometimes life throws us loops, and I'm glad you had your cost of your vacation down so small that those unexpected costs didn't make more damage. Just think if you hadn't budgeted and your vacation cost $500 and then you had those unexpected costs.

I'm sorry that person didn't leave a note, that's rude and just wrong, not to mention illegal, well at least in our state it is.

Shopping Tips and Tricks said...

Oh my word! I'm so sorry that happened to your car. :( That's just awful that they left.

Diane said...

People are so rude! Who just drives off like that! It could have been much worse had you not budgeted I imagine!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your car, vacations are always fun but we have to plan for the unexpected. Love your beach

MaureenT said...

That is terrible...hope the rest of the vacation went well...love the pics of where you live!!

Ann said...

That is so frustrating! Some hit my car in a parking lot once and it was $600 worth of damage. My car was bransd new!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...